“Technology is the mortal enemy of art”

Rodchenko’s manifesto of the constructivist group states that “Technology is the mortal enemy of art”. I believe this statement to be untrue my main reasons being.

“Where would impressionist be without the invention of portable paint tubes that enabled them to paint out doors? Who would have heard of Andy Warhol without silkscreen printing? the truth is that technology has been with new ways to express themselves for a very long time.”

This quote I feel sums up my views against Rodchenko’s. That the continual invention of newer technologies can only open up new pathways to explore in the world of art. New forms of camera allow for higher quality photographs letting us see in more detail, new computer software’s allow us to edit in new before unimaginable ways. technology creates new tools for artists to utilise into their own craft.

So in short I don’t think that technology is the enemy of art. I think it is the friend to art. Technology helps to push and drive art into the future guiding it to unforeseen destinations, making it constantly up to date and exciting. Also the more new technology over takes the old forms of art the more it is appreciated as a craft. Older art is still marvelled at in today’s society so I believe they will never lose their shine.

Bibliography

• Website

@randyrieland, F.

7 Ways Technology is Changing How Art is Made

Bibliography: @randyrieland, F. (2017). 7 Ways Technology is Changing How Art is Made. [online] Smithsonian. Available at: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/7-ways-technology-is-changing-how-art-is-made-180952472/ [Accessed 20 Oct. 2017].