Task 10-

Gentle

Striking

Different elements

Deep

Fluffy

Personal

Pure

Honest

Layered

Within my work I focus a lot on colour and shape, I would call it abstract above anything else, when first starting uni I was focusing mostly using watercolours and I had never really used any other materials continuously beforehand other than that. Now most over my favourite work that I have done are either mixed media or acrylic paint, which before was something I never felt comfortable doing.

I explore tones and textures of colour, experimenting and seeing what different outcomes I can create also with looking at light and dark within the paintings I create. Acrylic paint is something I have grown to work with purely for the fact you can layer it to create a texture, I think having work that that has a literal feel as well as an emotional one is really important.

For the future I want to start working on a larger scale, exploring if my work has a different feel to it when done on a different scale, I want to challenge myself further to see what mediums work for me and what doesn’t. Katherina Grosse is one of the only artists who does her work on a very large scale and I still feel an emotion towards it, the colours may have a big part of that but I also think it’d due to the fact she uses whole rooms to create her work, not just a painting covering half a space.