Task 11 by Bianca Schmittmann

From all the tasks I’ve been set I’ve realised that not only is art making important and reflecting on choices, but the theory of the art world around me is just as important as a growing artist.

My blog consists of my responses to my own works, reflecting on my choices as well as my opinions and responses on different topics. The tasks have opened my mind to different areas of art that I haven’t thought of beforehand such as appropriation. I feel much better being aware of them and I look forward to continuing to expand my knowledge. Some tasks were new to me and therefore were challenging to approach, but it helped me think in areas and bring up new ideas that could help me evolve myself and my practice.

My favourite task so far was the appropriation task because I had so many ideas for it and I really enjoyed the whole process of creating the piece, making it the most valuable to me. The task which I had most difficulties with was task 7, because I found it difficult to understand the given text, therefore I found it difficult to comment on them. I decided to approach it in a direct way and simply comment upon what I found the most important in the given text.