Task Eleven

TheĀ givenĀ lectures have been impactful to my own knowledge on art movements and periods. However,Ā IĀ have learnt that this is a weak area of mine: I struggle to maintain an interest in art history despite its importance, and this is because I strive to push away from traditional techniques in my practice. I need to be more open to the ways in which having a basic knowledge regarding art history could positively impact my work. I will be able to contrast with the work of renowned artists: I donā€™t have to necessarily relate to artists in order to find artist research useful.

This is why IĀ enjoyed the tasks that had the most creative potential. Specifically, IĀ liked tasks 6 and 8 due to the fact that there was a personal element that meant I couldĀ incorporate my own interests. I enjoyed the first task because I was able to analyse my own work: the opportunity to explain my work is something I value. Through this, I have come to recogniseĀ that I’m driven by my personal interests.

From receivingĀ these tasks with a short amount of time to complete them, I have learnt that IĀ should better distribute my time between this module and my studio practice. I recognise that IĀ could dedicate more time to my blog posts each week. Although I am satisfied with myĀ submissions overall, I could have fed the knowledgeĀ learnt fromĀ this moduleĀ back into my studio practice more effectively, had I ensured that I completed each post promptly.