Task 4:

I recently went to an exhibition that was held by a local artist in his studio called My Dog Sighs. I really liked this exhibition, it was very interesting as it had a lot of different pieces made by the artist in different medium’s and style’s ranging from paintings to 3D pieces. This kept the audience busy walking around looking at all the large pieces that were obvious to the eye and all the smaller pieces placed around the room so there was always something new and different to look at. There was a lot to look at and although he has different styles you could tell it was all made by the same person as it had his personality in the pieces. The exhibition was based in his studio so it also gave me and all the other viewers a look into how he works and creates his pieces. I think is a really good and different way to display work and gives an insight into the process behind the pieces. In a gallery with plain white walls it doesn’t tell a story of how the art was made. Also as he is a local artist and he does large scale paintings on public buildings and bill boards around the local area. After visiting his studio I travelled around the town looking at some of the larger paintings he had done on buildings so this was also a very engaging exhibition. Overall I would definitely go back to this exhibition and any others like it that are based in peoples studio’s as this really gives you more of an insight into the artist and how they like to work.