‘Technology is the mortal enemy or art’

During my time following the arts I’ve realised that ‘art’ moulds around the most influential people in art at the time or just after their time. For example, one of the most influential artist and technical genius of the past I believe was Leonardo Da Vinci, who in my opinion developed the way we look at art even now. The art in his time frame was very detailed and accurate and had a style that was used in portraiture all the way through too the late 1800’s. I’ve seen how paintings of king’s queen’s and aristocrats all have a similar style to that of Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa. So I think that technology goes hand in hand with traditional art and can add something to it that artists of the past would have dreamt of having access to.

Same goes for the contemporary style of today, which I belive was heavily influenced by art made to oppose the norm such as the Russian constructivist movement in 1913 that was created by Vladimir Tatlin. After reading the manifesto by Aleksandr Rodchenko, Varvara Stapanova, and Aleksei Gan based around Russian constructivism I saw that technology had motivated that style because the way it’s formed is a good representation of how the world was, such as the harshness and simple way the industry was and how black and white the mind set was.

In conclusion i feel that technology progresses as art does and both feed off each others success and develop as a pair.