Task 3 and 4- Harvard Referencing System

The book that have chosen to reference is Onthebutton, which is about the significance of the ordinary item. The book is based upon the history of the button, and how it has been used and its influences within history, and people can become attached to the small items such as a button.

N.Edwards, (2011), On the button, I.B.Tauris & Co LTD.

The second source I used was a webpage, which was also focused on the ordinary and everyday items.  This website explores and compares that some items which have a perfect design and there is no need for their aesthetics to be adapted, unlike some new products which are constantly being changed and adapted.

R.Emerson (2012), Genius Of Everyday Things:8 Ordinary Items That Deserve A Second Look, http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/genius-of-everyday-things_n_1088780  (Accessed 24th October 2017)

I then found a news article about the value of remembering the ordinary moments.  Although this article is not about a physical object, I felt that it continued my theme of valuing objects or events in our everyday, mundane lives that we can take inspiration from. This article is about how we can look back and appreciate our everyday and routine conversations and experiences, that we do not realise we will appreciate in the future.

C.C.Delistraty, (2015), The value of Remembering Ordinary Moments, The Atlantic, 26th January.