Task 3/4 – Academic Integrity

Plagiarism and integrity

Architecture is a favourite theme for me in fashion, I’m interested in how buildings across the world influence many fashion designers. Barcelona is one country that has unique buildings.

I found this book in the Winchester school of art library, called Barcelona, buildings in Europe. The book showed photographs of buildings in Barcelona and information on the photographer and the architect and the building itself. The photographs were in black and white so it was hard to look at the detail of the buildings. But the book was very useful at discovering many buildings.

Woodward, C. 1992. Barcelona: the buildings of Europe. Manchester university press, Manchester, UK.

After looking at the book, I wanted to see what fashion designers were hugely influenced by architecture. One designer popped out at me, Pierre Cardin. The designer studied architecture at university, but returned to study fashion. The bubble dress he created I think has strong links to architecture. I found this website of designers but Pierre Cardin stood out the most.

Sophie Atkinson. (2016). 10 Architecture Influences in Fashion You Need to Know About. Available: https://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/06/01/fashion-designers-influenced-architecture/. Last accessed 25 oct 2017.

To expand my knowledge on the buildings of Barcelona I found an article GaudĂ­’s ‘cathedral for the poor’. This article looked at one of Gaudi’s buildings and gave insight into its history and the beautiful structure inside and out.

Fraser, G. 2015. Barcelona’s Sagrada FamĂ­lia: GaudĂ­’s ‘cathedral for the poor’ – a history of cities in 50 buildings, The Guardian, 3rd June.