Task 3&4: Referencing WWE

Pantaleo, S (2015). WWE Ultimate Superstar Guide. NY, United States: Bradygames. p1-2.

John Clapp. (2012). Bring It Back! Announcer Uniforms. Available: http://www.wwe.com/classics/bring-it-back/bring-back-announcer-attire. Last accessed 25th Oct 2017.

Oestriecher, B (2017). WWE Fans Don’t Want To See Brock Lesnar Vs. Jinder Mahal At Survivor Series. Forbes. Nov 2017, 37-38

I chose this book, website and article due to many years of fandom and loyalty to the sport of WWE.

The book I have chosen contains the huge names in WWE. What inspires me about this is that each character created for these wrestlers comes with a personality, a backstory and (most importantly) a great costume to match. Looking to affiliate with the world of clothing, these costumes offer great food for thought. They wear clothes to tell a story, or express themselves whilst also being breathable and flexible enough to perform the function which in this case is wrestling. The designer for these would have to create pageantry without obscuring the main purpose of the show.

The website I chose expresses another interest in costume except this time it is directed towards the announcers – an arguably less central and more admin role than the wrestlers. They have a whole separate purpose and the website expresses how perhaps the clothing of choice should be the same across all those in similar positions as to not confuse the audience. The purpose and design of this garment is to display a role of the employee. It has to look presentable to the audience watching on TV.

Finally the article I chose is another example of the character and influence of WWE as a whole and to its fans. I believe costume has a great part to do with this.