Task 3/4

Everyman Cinema, Everyman Venue Details, https://www.everymancinema.com/muswell-hill#venueDetails, Accessed 22nd October 2017.

Bridget Galton, 2016, Munswell Hillā€™s Odeon Reopens as Art Deco Everyman, Ham&High, 15 November 2016.

Bayer, P. (1994) Art Deco Interiors, Singapore: Thames and Hudson.

Munswell Hill Odeon, date unknown, Patricia Bayer.

For this task I chose to carry on the theme of Art Deco architecture as it is my main inspiration for my print project. Throughout my project I have focused on the exterior of art deco architecture and I thought now would be a great time to research further into interiors. Interior design is something I wish to go into in my future so I found the book ā€˜Art Deco Interiorsā€™ by Patricia Bayer incredibly interesting. On every page there were a range of photographs in both black and white and colour, along side information about the brief history of the building and the architect. One of my favourite images from the book was of the original Munswell Hill Odeon cinema. I chose to use this image to research into further.

Finding a website for the Munswell Hill Odeon was difficult as it is still a running cinema so I looked into the cinemas venue details page. This gave me more information about the cinemaā€™s location, opening times and transport options. My newspaper article however, was much more interesting as it gave me more of an insight into the history of the cinema. In this article I discovered that the Munswell Hill Odeon has recently under gone a Ā£3m restoration to restore the building to its previous art deco style. I feel that my previous task on expanding my research skills hugely helped me with this project. I found finding the information a lot easier that I did previously.