Task 2 – Graphic Arts

The first piece of 11386887._SY540_artwork I chose was from the artist Phil Noto, who was one of first artists that got me interested in illustration. I love his unique style when it comes to drawing his figures and backgrounds, the way he uses softer colours and lines to give off a unique comic book vibe that at first I didn’t like but have grown to appreciate and admire.  This image was created digitally yet has a watercolour or pastel feel to it with the softer colours which contrasts the dynamic pose. I also think the way the colours seem to bleed into one another is interesting and unique. Notos artwork certainly stands out on the page and is different to the normal comic book/ illustrative work that I’ve encounter before.

Villentretenmerth

My other piece of artwork is by Anna Podedworna and is artwork of a character from the Witcher series, this particular artwork is used in the Gwent card game and is later on animated with sound, which you can see here. What really interests me about this drawing is how this illustration is turned into a piece of moving artwork, which gives it even more depth and personality to the artwork. I also love the detail Podedworna has used within this piece and the use of colour in which the brightness contrasts the dark significantly. I do hope to do something similar to what has been done here with animating my drawings and making them come to life. There is a lot more detail involved within this art piece as well as the image being sharper and more realistic than Notos artwork.