Emma Davies: Task 11

Tasked with the analysis of my own and other artists’ work, to the comparing of chosen texts, I found myself discovering and exploring an eclectic mix of artistic literature, artworks, theories and more. For many of the individual assignments, I could see that I was naturally drawn to the artworks and ideas regarding the human form, spiritual mind, and the diverse methods in which one can express themselves both aesthetically and mentally. I found task 7 and 9 the most challenging, but the research and examination which both entailed led to far more further research than I initially anticipated. For example, I have become inspired by task 9 to incorporate philosophical theoretical ideology in my work, and have thus been reading up further about the spiritual ideas regarding the human form and our mentalities. Not only this, but task 10 allowed me to focus in detail on my own artistic practices, and I could see that from doing task 1 many weeks ago, to now, the concepts and visuals I have been experimenting with have developed and matured. Therefore, the many tasks which were set have strongly motivated and inspired me conceptually, contextually and aesthetically.