Task 12

I did this piece on A3 paper with markers and pencil. I feel like it could be interesting if it was filmed. However, there would be many challenges which would come with it.

Props and background:

I would either have to green screen the background which I feel wouldn’t be effective. Or I would have to recreate the room it’s self so I would have to paint the walls, recreate/paint the furniture. As far as the small props go it would be fairly easy to get hold of but the book I would have to maybe spend a lot of money to get something similar. For the window, I would have to get hold of a real window since I don’t know how to construct one and then either paint the sky/signs or paint them onto paper and then stick them onto the window.

The girl:

I would either have to find a suitable model or use myself as the model. I’m fairly confident in my makeup skills to be able to create the look. However, I would have to buy a decent purple wig which would be costly or have a deliberately terrible one which I’m unsure about. I would have to get red contact lenses too.

Film/filters lighting etc.

I’m not entirely sure about lighting – I would have to ask someone to help me with that. In this piece, I did a deliberately odd perspective which might be hard to recreate on camera. I could maybe use a fisheye lens. I would be able to do a lot of enhancing with contrast after I had filmed.

I’ve really wanted to try and recreate my illustration images into film and this task was a good idea to think about that. But I feel I need to get more familiar and confident with film making to do something like this. Also I need more resources and space. If I actually did this project I feel like it would turn out slightly different to the original piece but it would be fine.