W8 Reflect

As a student that has come straight from college these essay like blog tasks were honestly rather mundane to write. although i enjoyed the lectures and i do genuinely have an interest in the topics i didn’t feel like any of the questions really stood out as something i was instantly excited to go off and research. i found myself looking at the questions asking myself which ones i could write the quickest and with the least amount of required references. i also initially thought that the 500 word limit might be an issue but i found myself running out of interesting things to say on the questions bar giving an opinion that i’m not sure where  it originated from, and without a ‘credible source’ i felt like i almost wasn’t allowed to say it.

during my process i took notes during the lecture (and proceeded to completely ignore them when actually writing the posts). i also took my time management very (not at all) seriously ensuring i completed all of the tasks in reasonable time (2 hours before the deadline). I made good use (none at all) of the resources available to me in the library and also made use of the recorded sessions to give myself a reminder of the details of the lecture (i actually did this one)

the subjects that i found most interesting were AI and HCI. the lectures re-enforced my existing understanding  of the subjects and gave me a new way to look at them and more resources to learn about them.  something i researched more in my own time was HCI for disabled gamers. i was already familiar with the charity special effect who create custom control systems for disabled gamers and I spent a good amount of time pursuing this interest (admittedly to the detriment of my sleep). 

I found the referencing seriously confusing at times and i’m almost certain i’ve done it wrong however i am happy to blame the fact that we were only told how to go about it a few weeks before the deadline and that gave us very little time to go back and add or adapt it.

I am going to be honest and say i didn’t enjoy this project however i do respect that it is something to get us to show our understanding and it is important for us to know how to go about writing in an essay format. I can’t say i made a great effort on these but i’m fairly sure of my understanding of the topics. if i were to repeat the task i would like to spend more time talking with the lecturers and finding where they got the information for the lectures they provided. i think if i were to do that i would have a considerable amount more to talk about and with that more to research and find interest in.