The History of Indie

Choose one of the indie designers / developers and outline why their work, and approach is of interest to you.

The indie developer that I have decided to talk about is ā€˜Hello Gamesā€™ they are the developers that created no man sky, the reason why I decided to go with Hello Games is because they created an indie game but they made it like an AAA game and because of that this peaked a lot of interest in a wide variety of people, including people that only play AAA standard games, since its E3 2014 debut this game got a lot of people excited in the game. Since this being an indie developer, the game was published by Sony therefore giving it a AAA price and it was given a lot of high profile marketing therefore ensuring that a lot of people know about the game so that there is more a higher chance that more people will see it and increasing the amount of copies sold.

The reason why No Man Sky peaked my interest is that it was a big project for the developers and the game took a long time to develop, also the game got a lot of its inspiration from science fiction writers for example: Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke and Robert Heinlein, their work was considered fantastic, vibrant and unexplored and the developers took on those pillars and put it into their games and this got me excited because this game could be really good as I am a huge fan of science fiction so this game would be right up my alley but unfortunately the game did not live up to my expectations, as most of the planets were a copy and paste and most of the time you would be doing the same thing over and over game and this got very repetitive and I stopped playing within an month as I got really bored and there was no end game content and nothing to grind towards, this game really let me down, the developers are still updating this game to its full potential but there is still a long way to go but I will still give it a chance.

Developers of No Man Sky

What do you think could be the most exciting indie projects that are in development?

One indie project that I am really looking forward to playing is Super Meat Boy Forever, this game is the sequel to the original Super Meat Boy, and this game has been in development for a while and it has been long awaited by a lot of people including me, while holding the tasteful and foolish appeal of the first (and the Flash amusement that went before it), Super Meat Boy Forever will play in an unexpected way. Rather than giving full flexibility of movement to the player, Super Meat Boy Forever is a sprinter style amusement that just requests that you control Meat Boy’s hopping and assault control. Inclining toward components that are regularly utilized as a part of versatile amusements (, itā€™s coming to phones alongside PS4, Xbox, Windows PCs, and Nintendo Switch), you can hop and assault as you run however levels, sliding under obstructions and again attempting to beat your foe Dr Fetus, who’s presently abducted your kid, Nugget.

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/indie-games-in-2018