task 6

My mode of practice is a glitched stop-motion animation. The subject matter is variable, I intend to leave this decision open to what I decide later. I would take a photograph then tweaking it by editing the code, using the software ‘Notepad++ā€™. Viewing photographs as text, I am able to create glitches in the data which cause effects such as distortion and colour grading. This can be done in many different; swapping code around, deleting, copy, pasting the code and writing random code. This process is done by editing part of the code, viewing the result and saving the file. You can then edit the code further to make the image increasingly distorted.

Here are images of the program and a result I had glitching a photograph.

Next, I will create a stop-motion animation out of glitched files, for each step of the process save a copy of the image. The end result will be an animation of the development of a glitch, from the original photograph to an abstracted photograph thatā€™s been edited repeatedly. Then continue the process until the image is corrupted. The stop-motion animation will be made by importing images from the glitched files using ā€˜Dragonframeā€™. Provided the files are in order of the development of the glitch, the video should gradually increase in distortion.