task 11/12

Throughout this module I have further developed my writing I have particularly useful as I am retaking the year to use the library in a better way which I think I didn’t do well last year. I have learnt to use the online library resources to find the right book I am looking for and to also generally find the section of books that I am interested in thus making it so much easier to reference a book that is more relevant to my writing. This will prove useful in future when writing longer essays which need to be backed up with a varied range of references. Also making sure that the reference is of use. I also found the task in which I had to use Harvard referencing useful as I hadn’t used them in a while and need a refresh on how to do them. The task where you had to find, and designer and their reference showed me how much goes into a designer work and made me want to think more about the ideas I come up with and what they are informed by.
I found the task helpful on online resources because it helped me recognized what is something that is a reliable source to use from online because not everything online is reliable or useful. I particularly enjoyed the academic integrity task because it pushed me as understanding the language used by the author isn’t always the easiest of things, so it made me think about what I was writing more. Although I found getting quotes to relate to my points quite hard and I feel like there not the best to relate my points. I found getting to the word count on this task quite hard because I found it hard not to ramble and repeat myself. I found it easier to reach the word count on tasks such as the ethics because I felt more strongly about the issues involved I need to find the passion I have when writing this and try a transfer it to another task or relate their task to something I can more easily write about.
I also struggled with time management as I was concentrating on radical tasks I totally forgot about tasks some weeks and got quite behind at some points. in future I will manage my time better so tasks are easier to complete with time to look over them properly to improve them. Also by doing it as soon as it is set it gives me a few days to work on it and not rush it because I need to complete other work.
To conclude this course has encouraged me to utilize the library and its many features online and not to be afraid to ask the librarians for help. I found the lectures very helpful as they challenged me to do better research and to go further when looking at research. And to use this in my practical projects to get creative ideas.