Task 11 Blog Reflection

The blog has allowed me to practice key analytical skills from analysing and reflecting upon my own work to comparing past and contemporary works and analysing features of art history and the impact of social change in the art world. Similarly I have learned more about views of art history and political effect on art of which I was unaware before. Although politics still does not inspire my own practice particularly, some ideas of Raschenberg  which I had not heard before are an interesting start point in to more research. I am excited to continue exploring the library resources. As the blog has reminded me how to analyse images and how to review exhibitions, I have gone over again how, and what, I think about my own practice and the art world at large. My own practice shifts slightly with everything I learn but I become more certain of the key parts with each task. For example, after using the blog I am still sure that hand written notes are more useful for me in terms of reflection because the physical process of writing becomes part of the reflection and allows me to more freely and accurately map out my thoughts.