summary of rcs

To be completely honest I can say I didn’t enjoy this at the beginning I found the researching tedious and in some cases irrelevant. I have never been the biggest writer so it was quite difficult to get into as well. Some weeks were definitely easier than others as I found the topics more interesting therefore it was easier to express my views and opinions and I feel this will be evident in my previous posts.

One of my least favourite is most likely evident as the Authenticity post. I did not enjoy this one at all it dragged out and was extremely boring to research. And as admittedly I don’t have the longest attention span this one was hard to complete.

On a more positive note one of my favourite posts would have to be the Publish or Perish. I enjoyed this one I’m not 100% sure I done it right but nether the less it was interesting to me to look at and express my opinions on some very interesting pieces of published media especially when I spoke about the comic ‘Batman: Hush’. I was able to speak about this with fondness as I very much enjoy the book.

Image result for martin luther kingThe Publish or Perish lecture was also one of my favourites for another reason. I found the section on Dr. Martin Luther King and Malcom X extremely interesting as I have looked into this a little myself and it was very insightful into the black history in America. This is a topic I find engaging as a young black man myself this relates to my history also.

Overall I did like the way we explored into each of the pathways throughout the course of the lectures. They are not all going to apply to me but I did get the much needed insight in order to help me make a decision for which I am going to choose. I do feel like the lectures were a bit too long on some days though. I feel as though there wasn’t enough information given to justify two hours of lecture. Especially with the Netflix show ‘Abstract: the art of Design’ don’t get me wrong I enjoyed watching the show but on occasion it wasn’t completely relevant and sections could of easily been skipped.

My personal take aways from the research and communication lectures are the ability to reference. I have never used this form of referencing before so it was a change but I see its importance to see where the information has been sourced from. Also the ability to find these sources that give valid information that I need. I will definitely be using these skills to improve my research in future projects making sure to use correct referencing.

Website title: Upload.wikimedia.org
URL: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Martin_Luther_King_Jr_NYWTS.jpg