Reflective summary

To Conclude

At the end of this module of learning i can certainly say that it has been of great use to me, learning how to make games greater than the sum of their parts, the ethical issues between us and machines and how we interact with them, that just about anyone can produce a game nowadays but most of all from what i learnt while researching avant-gardeism and indie games, that art and video games are thriving together and in some cases becoming one, a creative fusion of aesthetics, music and writing.

This is in essence what i strive to achieve in video games, deep story driven games with memorable music all packaged together with intuitive gameplay and unique and beautiful art direction all coming together to make an experience to stand the test of time.

The conversations about the state of video games is another thing i found to be interesting, the fact that although almost anybody with a vision can create a video game nowadays but that this innovation is often overlooked by the giants of the gaming industry and new ideas being rejected in favour of more corporate and well recognised games although there is a noticeable shift happening in the industry with players growing tired of these old methods and craving fresh and new experiences that stimulate the brain instead of just being as safe and inoffensive.

all these things i have learnt in these sessions over the semester have really helped my gear my heavily artistic mind towards creating video games in a new and interested way while also taking on many of the tried and tested methods of gameplay production and even maybe creating my own music to make my own original content that in effect would be like translating my sketchbooks and creations into a living and breathing environment which is something i’ve wanted to do ever since i was a child, in the end its really helped develop me as a student