Is it possible to be truly authentic?

Is it possible to be truly authentic?

In my opinion, not everybody can be authentic these days. But I really do not see this as something that is negative. Everybody has their own style of work, the way they do things, their unique way of working, etc. But most people do become inspired by others work, seeing someone else’s creations and designs could inspire them, making them want to create great things just like it. This can also be called looking up to them. Someone who they want to become like. But not necessarily copy. Even if it is not a conscious decision, I believe that we all do this at some points in our lives.
I constantly see typography work on a daily basis that really draws me in, it always inspires me to go home and create some of my own work. If I see a certain style that attracts me to it, I feel like without really knowing I want to follow that style, to a certain extent of course. Making it my own. I think our styles are moulded everyday by the things that we experience and see, things that we take a liking to. These factors later on ends up creating our own style, special to us.
I am not saying that we all copy other artists work, but I think that we get our inspirations from others. I do not think that anything is wrong with this, if anything we are expressions ourselves.