FINAL

After the attending ten weeks of research and communication skills lecture and writing responds to each lesson, I found that my research skill and reference skill have approved a lot. I became able to think more deeply and objective while comparing and narrating.

Starting from the first task, we were shown a show film—Terminal Bar, and we need to analyse it after watching. This was the first time for me to watch this kind of documentary film, unlike some perfectly made documentary video, this one is made in a more simple way. However, I think this style fits with the image of Terminal Bar and I found out sometimes imperfect can make something perfect.

In Task 2, we were told to compare two select work by ourself. Since I always like to search for interesting graphic art on the internet like Instagram and Pinterest, so I choosed two art work from this two social media and try to compare them. Even I love to look at those beautiful art work, I do not really think deep when I look at them, through this analyse process, I paid more attention on the values and the way how the artist produce the work and I think the way how I look at an art work is changing.

In Task 3 and 4, we were asked two theoretical question, the first one is asking about the influence of internet on art and the second one is about the possibility of being truly authentic. This two issue has always been an unsolved problem in the art world, everyone has their own points of view and while I am doing the research, I can see there is always different voice from different groups of people so I think having an ability of respect others’ idea.

In Task 5 to 7, we watched a Netflix documentary video on each lesson and I really love those videos and got so many inspiration from each of them. The artist in each series having a strong personality and showing their confidence through their work and I think this is what made them became successful and special. Moreover, the way that Netflix made the videos also impressed me a lot, they group the information with a lot of visual effect and made the videos very compact.

Overall, I have tried and learnt a lot of new things from this first semester RCS lecture. I can really push myself to look and analyse things more deeply and also learnt different issue and style in the art world, so I found I really did improved in my research and communication skills.