Academic Integrity

Academic integrity defined as honesty in acknowledging the work of other people and giving credit where you have taken other people ideas.  

Within looking in this task I came across the topic of conversation of clothing brands using the famous logos such as Disney for their clothing branch, like jumpers and tea-shirts I believe that his topic itself is kind of sensitive as people obviously know Disney franchise as it has been established long before, 0ctober 1923, which makes the franchise 94 years old. I find it odd within using these kind clothing as I am not the type of person to wear such logos in my everyday clothing. However, I do believe it’s a matter of taste within people. 

Disney t-shirt Topshop 2016

A similar situation with famous popstar singer as she battles with Topshop (brand) over t-shirt using her image, I believe that this matter is unexpectable issue as she didn’t give consent to brand, I do get that with her status she is very known and very successful to what she made herself into but she is human after all to not accept this matter. The source also implies that Rihanna sued that brand too in 2013, this means that Topshop has been feeding off people craft and bending the rules in terms of the law and trademarks, this such a big issue as people had been sold illegal items, for several years and keeps feeding off other people success. Where is the originality? 

Blog- Harpers Bazaar     

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/news/a9740/rihanna-wins-legal-fight-with-topshop-over-t-shirts-using-her-image/