Task 12, Scale

I have been creating compositions of photographs and printing them to a small scale – A4 and A3. The photographs detail areas of interest that I have found from walking around different locations. I would like to experiment with printing them to larger scales or creating compositions that can fill walls, be printed on three-dimensional objects etc. as this would completely change the feel of the pieces.

If I were to print the image above to a large scale, it may make the enlarged textures seem even more abstract and add to the mystery of the areas of everyday life that are often overlooked. Greater detail and textures could be seen, and the blues and reds could seem more striking. I feel as though a larger-scale piece would seem more impressive. If several of these images are enlarged to fit walls and 3D objects, they can act more as an installation piece. The bright colours and interesting textures can be very pleasing to the eye, and the shapes in the images would lend themselves well to three-dimensional recreations, e.g. large-scale blue plastic netting. This would bring the textures to life and make the installation area aesthetically pleasing and calming to the viewers.