Task 12

Throughout my years of practice, I typically create paint on canvas that are relatively average, not too big or too small. Also, despite the fact that I discuss and borrow ideas from other artists, I tend to physically work alone in a secluded space. Although I enjoy my solitude, I would like to radically increase the size of the surface I work on; perhaps the canvas could stretch across the whole room and coil itself around the ceiling or walls. As well as the size, I’d like to invite a range of artists to colour the blank canvas with their personal style of art thus creating a large collaborative artwork. It’d be fascinating to see contrasting artworks blend into one entity sharing one body; realistic portraits painted amid landscape inspired by cubism or the canvas could be embedded into an installation/ sculpture. The paintings could be animated by projecting a film on the canvas. This supersized project is a chance for artists to play and experiment; it’s a safe space that allows artists to create spontaneously without stressing about judgement.