Task 11

The blog has enabled me to learn and accept a multitude of information in many ways; the information that I was required to research were unconventional to me, it allowed me to broaden my understanding of the transformative nature of art. My reflection of the exhibitions that Iā€™ve visited made me truly acknowledge the art, it made me appreciate its craft and reflect upon the significance of context. For instance, upon researching Mark Bradford, I understood that the materials used can have the equal significance as the body of the art, both can be manipulated to create art that immerse and tell a story of its origin. Additionally, my fears of authorship, originality and appropriation was subsided as I gradually began to understand these concepts. I was informed about an artistsā€™ entitlement and the legality of copying someoneā€™s art. This process of self-reflection helped me organise my thoughts and ideas; I am now beginning to embed various exterior ideologies into my art thus intensifying my desire for experimentation.