Reflect

Upon finishing all the required research questions, I’m now taking time to review my work process and critically evaluate what I might have done wrong or where I could improve in terms of my research work.

I’d firstly comment on the Harvard referencing and giving evidence for my work in terms of where I have stated some facts. I feel like where I can read through sources to improve my knowledge on the give subject, I would then get carried away with the written work and forget that I might be writing about a topic and stating facts that I feel are correct from my given sources. I would like to improve my proof reading for the future. To find any facts or statements without a reference to rectify this. I should be vigilant in terms of recording every website that I have visited. Keeping these separate from the actual referenced materials within my work. I have only realised that I have had bibliography and references mixed up the wrong way round all this time. (DifferenceBetween.net, 2017) So for the future, I can remember this little lesson and use the correct formatting. This said, I still know that I should include both of these and am confident in my respect for correct referencing.

Since completing these questions, it has made me more aware of when I am designing gameplay to remember aspects of player involvement. Using HCI correctly can greatly increase the player’s information thus improving their experience. Also gaining a better understanding about artificial intelligence, making sure when it is used, to give it the required level of intelligence within it’s context. A 2D enemy should simply be able to seek and destroy the player. whereas a NPC that hands out quests would want to be designed with more attention, thinking about their manner, personal quarrels and style of speech. All important to creating AI that is more recognisable as a human to the player.

Overall the module has been very interesting and I have enjoyed the questions. They have enabled me to research into subjects I might not have usually looked at and lead me to find out knew interests. Skill, Stamina, Luck introduced me to the Fighting Fantasy novels which have made me realise what an important role narrative and immersion has when it comes to particular genres “side quests also fill up the surrounding universe with incredible lore, leading to deeper immersion for players.”(Kemme, 2016). Creating choice for players lets them feel like they are in control. That and learning about copyright which will be useful for me when working in the creative industry. Keeping me from making a mistake and making copyright infringement.

References

DifferenceBetween.net, 2017. Difference Between Bibliography and References. [Online]
Available at: http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-bibliography-and-references/
[Accessed 06 12 2017].

Kemme, S., 2016. What Makes Us Love Role Playing Games?. [Online]
Available at: http://www.gamersdecide.com/pc-game-news/7-reasons-why-we-love-rpg-games
[Accessed 07 12 2017].