Beth Ashford – Task 10

Colour Schemes,
Gender Stereotypes,
Characterisation,
Stylisation,
Photographic,
Light Imagery,
Subtle

I chose this Wes Anderson image as a reference to my own work because it depicts a large number of the focus points that I am interested in. The initial thing you see is the colour scheme and how they have selected a small number of colours that all flow together with the exception of one that contrasts, I personally am extremely interested in the idea of colour and how it can be used as the main focus of an image. The characterisation within the image shows a single figure sat, I am intrigued with the idea of gender stereotypes and masculinity so the fact that this guy is wearing a pink scarf (a colour commonly associated with girls) relates with my interests. Within a large selection of Wes Anderson’s work the stylisation of the imagery is very similar, something that I like to focus on as I like my work to flow together whether it be with the style or the colour schemes. With the image being a film still it shows how my practice is generally based off real imagery and how an image can be transformed to become a piece of fine art.