Task 11

I have found many of the Research and Communication Skills tasks quite challenging, particularly task 7 to which we had to summarise, reflect and comment on the relationship between two texts. I think I found this task quite difficult because it was such a vast amount of text which I had to read and understand for myself, which was quite daunting. I learned that I had to be very patient with myself for this task, I had to analyze the script and depict the most important aspects for the essay of 250 words. This skill will help me in the future as I will be better at getting straight to the point in my essays rather than adding irrelevant information.
Many of the tasks, such as task 3 and 9 have made me think more openly towards artist’s work that I may not have normally been interested in. Particularly task 3 to which we had to choose out of 4 images given to us and analyze it. I chose Renée Cox’s Hot-en-tot Venus, 1994 photograph to which I discovered had a very interesting meaning behind it, and the artist herself was a very powerful figure. If it wasn’t for this task, I probably would have never have discovered her work.
The blog has also helped me to become more reflective on my own work as well as when looking at artist’s work which benefits my research for the projects. It benefits me because I tend to discover more about the work than I had before, as I go into more depth in analyzing it. This helps me in my own practice as its good to know how other artists work and what inspires them.