Jordan Warwick – Task 11: Reflection

To put it simply, my blog is honest.

At the beginning of this project, I never intended to create such an honest collection of analysation, anecdotes and opinions within every task; it just happened. Eventually as I got to task three or four I noticed how much I used storytelling as a pathway of writing about myself, and from then on would try and involve it somehow into everything I produced – as long as it was appropriate. Therefore, there is more often than not an introduction that provides a small personal flare, even if I’m writing about something that has nothing to do with myself.

Through this technique of writing, I have learned that sometimes writing comes more naturally to me than any other form of art. To me, writing is good for the soul, it expresses directly how the writer is feeling but can also be manipulated to sound very different. Furthermore, through this discovery I also found that a contradictory nature is a concept I find very exciting, and wrote about recognising it within the works of my own and of others within a few of the tasks that were set.

My blog is personal, it is not something that requires the reader to be in their ‘Sunday Best’, nor does it try to be overly pretentious and fancy. My blog is simply just honest, and a small fraction of what I intend to offer and produce within my own art and writing in the future.