Task 9 and 10

The advert I chose was one produced for Duncan Quinn who is a luxury British tailor designer. In this advert you can see Duncan himself praying over the top of a vulnerably dressed women in her underwear delicately placed over the front of a car. Duncan can be seen in one of his suits dressed smartly whereas the lady is down to very little making me believe that Duncan sees himself as the bigger character within the ad. He is using a prop that looks like a hand that makes me believe there is a sense of control over her from Duncan’s point of view.

This advert is trying to show off the British suits that Duncan produces but I believe it does completely different. It makes women look vulnerable and does not empower young ladies of society to understand that women and men are at equal society statuses. Underwear is seen as something that should be experienced in a loving and caring environment but in this sense she is being made to show herself off in a provocative nature for him but with his control assisting it. I do not like this advert and I believe it shouldn’t be allowed as an advert for something British as well as him showing his suits to the nation. Women are constantly used as objects through the industry making peoples approach and ideas of women different then what is correct. So many cases come out in the news about cases where women are being abused and controlled within a sexual nature and these adverts do not help the women who are experiencing the actual ain and heart break that it does. The female model in creating imagery that is not correct alongside a tailored item.