task 3/4

The complete collectors’ guide. (2005). [Place of publication not identified]: Thames & Hudson.

SNEAKER MUSEUM. (2017). ABOUT. [online] Available at: http://www.sneakermuseum.com/about/ [Accessed 4 Dec. 2017].

Hienze, L. (2017). Step into something eco-friendly: white sneakers that don’t cost the Earth. [online] the Guardian. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/nov/07/step-into-something-eco-friendly-white-sneakers-that-dont-cost-the-earth [Accessed 4 Dec. 2017]

. I choose this book because I looked at in in my recent knitwear project but didn’t fully have a use for it, so I wanted to use it more thoroughly in something else. i wanted to use a section of the library which I haven’t used before and I found this in the accessories section which I can’t think I have used before. it is a very interesting book cataloging all the different types of trainers there have been from various brands including Nike and Adidas. there are some of trainers that will become useful when doing further research in future projects in my practical work because of their interesting and unique design. after this I wanted to find a website in which I would find out a bit more about the trainers because the book was mainly a catalogue I came across the sneaker museum which is a place where they have various sneakers on display although it is not in the UK the website provides various types of information to further my knowledge. If I was ever to go further into research of sneakers I would maybe contact them they seem a good source to go by when seeking knowledge on this type of shoe. I then looked at the eco side of trainers and found this interesting article on eco-friendly trainers which I found on the guardian website. as a generation which is caring more and more about the environment it was good to find a place where you can learn about how much your shoes can affect it.