Task 10

“Archive, memory, colour, organise, chaos, food, objects, layering, repetition, consumerism

In my work looking into everyday objects, food I eat and colour has been very important. One of the ways I have developed this is through layering of different styles of print, collage, ink and paint. I thought the investigation through print was important because it linked to mass production, packaging and artists like Warhol. I have archived objects such as my pencil case to sweets I own, where I have extracted the colours and manipulated it through more free ways of working such as splashing paint to more controlled ways such as looking into pattern and repetition. I think the investigation of colour has been very focused in my practice because it gives the sensations of flavours and emotions that cannot be portrayed through just black and white and shape. I intend to develop the project further by manipulating pieces I have already made by changing it shape, colour and pattern. I should look into ‘installation’ as a form of presenting my work as a collective. Going to Ilya and Emilia Kabakovs Exhibition “not everyone will be taken into the future”, where many of their works were installation-based and showed elements of both organisation and chaos. This has inspired me to look into ‘installation’. Additionally, I have started working in 3D using different coloured matchsticks which has developed my practice because making the work links to everyday objects in a different approach to before.