Beth Ashford – Task 6

Creating a piece of art generally has a similar structure within the development process in which you look at the ideas of size, composition, colour schemes and materials. My new mode of practice would look closer at the idea of development instead of the actual outcome; taking the little things that you experiment with and placing them in full view. As part of this practice I would create the final outcome as usual but instead of displaying it I would create an exhibition of the process with all of the colour palettes, mock pieces, first hand images and tools to build an interactive piece. This outcome style would allow the audience to participate with the work that I was creating; so that they could also create art using the same techniques and products. This would build up a large collective piece of work where many different pieces of art that were created by lots of individuals could be compared in a reasonable way, since they have all had the same working situations. By doing this you could involve many people with completely different walks of life to be part of the art world and also have a collaborative project without a developed final piece.