Task 10: My Manifesto

Monochrome

Varied

Concealed

Hidden

Three-dimensional

handcrafted

line

personal

precise

mark-making

I chose my manifesto zine to represent my practice. The manifesto consists of random artworks on each page of the zine. Each is a different style of art that I focus on in my practice, such as; painting, pen line drawing, charcoal and pencil drawing.

Once you have seen all the images in the zine, it opens up to reveal a written manifesto. I decided to focus on things that I believe my work should aim to be rather than what it should look like because I create many different styles, I think what the piece stands for is more important.

I chose the manifesto to represent my work because it shows my varied way of working. The way the manifesto is hidden in the zine represents my work and myself as a person. The words that I chose to represent my practice, such as, ā€˜lineā€™ and ā€˜mark-makingā€™ are vague. I also included monochrome as I mainly work in black and white, however I do occasionally work with colour. ā€˜Concealedā€™ and ā€˜hiddenā€™ refer to my manifesto and the meanings behind each piece of work. I donā€™t like to explain my work as it is personal to me, also I like to see what other people think about my work without giving their thought bias. The hidden writing also represents how I like to keep my thoughts behind a piece private.

I have included some more images because it is hard to show a three-dimensional piece in its entirety in one photo.

Ā