Task 5:

From the open studio exhibition I went to I really liked a piece that was hand painted by the artist My Dog Sighs, as it is a 2D piece but the way it is painted makes it look more 3D and very realistic.
Seeing it in the flesh really showed me how vibrant the colours are which you don’t appreciate from viewing the images online. From viewing online I always thought that the colours could be extenuated, but when I did see it I realised that the colours really are that bright and vivid and not edited online. I also found that looking at it in the flesh really made me appreciate the small intricate details that are the main focus of the work, the eye. I could get close and look at the use on tone and shadows and reflections painted on to make it look as realistic as possible. I also could appreciate the amount of techniques of painting within it and how the artist managed to make them all work so well together to create on great piece of work. In comparison to viewing the image online wouldn’t give it justice after being able to look at it that closely in the flesh.

Image source: