Patricia Odysseos-Suther: Task 6

My mode of practice encompasses mark making, combined with the use of filming to create pieces; using the mark making tools and materials as the basis of the piece, and film to finalise and refine it. What I want to document within this mode of practice is the process of creating, looking at each individual mark and the sounds and textures that are made during the process; eventually allowing me to relive the process of my creation in a sensory format. The film making allows me to document this and also, manipulate the footage to create a new piece through modern processes of editing; this would allow abstraction as well as being able to further develop the original piece from a variety of different aspects. The filming process could also allow for different qualities of the filmed piece to be focussed on, like the sounds produced or the textures created. This mode of practice allows for various paths to be explored, from sensory experiences, to the interactive and inclusive nature of the outcomes; it is also applicable to a variety of subject matter and links traditional processes to more contemporary ones.