Task 6

My mode of practice combines two of the most commonly used processes within art, these are painting and drawing. Although it sounds incredibly simple to fuse them together there is skill involved behind it and it can be challenging to create balance that is pleasing to the eye for both the audience and artist. This is something I tried last year but mainly stuck to drawing with paint rather than painting and I want to take this a step further at university this year.

20161129_165639

I hope that these processes can be used within my contemporary project as I feel that with the experience I already have with this idea, I could create a successful piece of artwork and include more paint than I previously did. The end result would be a hybrid art piece with influences from Fiona Rae, I hope to apply paint in a similar way to her but remove the abstract nature and instead focus on layers and how she creates mood within her work. I feel as though Aleksandra Mir is an influence to the drawing side of this practice as she uses marker pen to create large-scale textured drawings that I believe would complement the use of paint. With the combination of Fiona Rae and Aleksandra Mir I would be able to make an interesting contemporary piece.