Plagiarism in fashion

Plagiarism and integrity

The 1940’s is one of my favourite eras for fashion as it shows the femininity of the woman and how she portrays the beautiful natural figure.

I found a book that I own which is all about the 1940’s, it shows original photographs, illustrations and advertisements from the fashion industry back in that era. Personally, I think women back then looked more attractive as they didn’t have plastic surgery like we have today and they also didn’t go over the top with make-up unlike now when you have to go through a lot of processes just to look pretty, like women now feel more self-conscious about their looks.

Dirix, E and Fiell, C. (2013) 1940s Fashion The Definitive Sourcebook. London: Goodman Fiell.

After looking through my 1940’s book my next step was to go onto a website which was about my chosen era. I found this website which goes through the popular forms of dress during the wartime era and how it developed into the 1950’s. It’s very informative with plenty of illustrations and photographs showing each trend.

The University of Vermont (2011) Women’s Clothing. Available from: https://www.uvm.edu/landscape/dating/clothing_and_hair/1940s_clothing_women.php (Accessed 25 Oct. 17).

For my next step I found an article by Marie Claire which shows how the actresses of the era dressed which have become very iconic photographs. It’s very interesting to see how celebrities from that era dressed as from their popularity the public followed what their icons wore.

Marie Claire. (2017) We highlight the key moments for 1940’s fashion. Marie Claire, 29 March.

With going through these steps I have learnt how to link each step and get information from more than one source. But also to reference everything as it’s not always clear.