Megan Fragopulu – Fine Art // Task 6

As a multidisciplinary artist I like having the freedom to experiment with different ways of working depending on which one I think will have the greatest outcome.

Recently I have really enjoyed using photography as my main mode of practice. I really like the idea of capturing an ephemeral moment and preserving it. However I wanted the viewer to connect and experience the photo in other ways than just by looking at it. Because of this I have been combining sculpture with my photography to add more texture and life to the photograph.

For example with one photo I took of some clouds in the sky I wanted the clouds to be 3D. So I used a cotton wall ball and tore little pieces off of it and stuck it to the photo with some double sided sticky tape. I showed the final outcome to a few class mates and their reactions were really positive.

Another photo I did this with was a photo I took of some autumn leaves on the ground. For this one I decided to stick a small leaf over some of the leaves in the photo.

I really enjoy this way of working and it is something I will definitely carry on practicing in the future.