Terminal Bar

Terminal Bar is a 22 minuet American documentary directed by Stefan Nadelman that was taken place in Times Square, New York City, released in 2003. the photos were captured in over a decade by Sheldon Nadelman, the images were of the people that visited the bar. The movie was narrated by Tom Clifford all the way through, telling the audience short stories of the people that were at the bar. The black and white photos were animated very well to go with the beat of the music in the background to grab the viewer’s attention with regular pauses from the narration to focus on the images and music at times.

Stefan also wanted to show the homeless and drunk people surrounding the bar laying on the floor with barley anything to wear as the rich and wealthy walked past without even acknowledging the poor.

Sheldon then returned to the bar and said it hadn’t changed at all even though 10 years had gone by, the lifestyle of the people in New York City was also the same.

Overall, I think the photos and the editing with the music, newspaper articles, narrating and graphics worked very well and it defiantly grabbed my attention which is something I am interested in trying out in the future and learn how to edit in such a unique way. There was also the sound of peoples chit chat at the bar playing in the background, I almost felt like I was at the bar in New York City.

Reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_Bar_(film)