Terminal Bar

The short film ā€˜Terminal Barā€™ is a documentary focused on a bar in New York and featured the many customers / neighbourhood regulars that visited the bar. The film shows photographs that were collected over a decade which takes the viewer on a journey showing us how time has changed for those individuals. Lights played an important part in the photographs as it is in black and white which allows the viewer to look into the soul of the individuals through their eyes.

Along with the photographs, the film has in cooperated the use of text, interviews and narrative. The use of narrative reading a newspaper extract helps provide the viewer with more context and visual aid.

The music that goes with the film was upbeat and was visually connecting with the images which breaks up the narrative at the same time.

At the end of the film, it brings the audience back in to the modern world and showed how over time nothing has really changed according to Stefan Nadelmanā€™s father.This feature has made the film more interesting as it combined old style filmmaking along with the modern which brings back the idea of past and present.

In my own projects, I could in cooperate the similar processes that the film director has used, for example I might compare my work at the beginning of a project to the end of the project as this can show how over time I have developed from my original idea/concept to the end product.

Terminal Bar (2002), Short Film, Directed by Stefan Nadelman, Available at: