Task 12

I made this portrait for the contemporary project when I was exploring emotions and connecting them to colours. Reflecting on this piece I was tame in terms of scale as I only went to A3 but I would like to scale it up to a portrait 3 meters high. As my practice is beginning to involve abstracted shapes I would take the vague areas of colour in this portrait and make them more definitive as they scaled up. To extend it further I might abandon the flat plane and suspend the shapes in a mobile structure to let them move, overlap, and twirl reflecting changes in mindset and mood. Also as it would be large and suspended apart from each other people would be able to walk within it and interact, maybe gravitating to colours and shapes they are emotionally attracted to. Therefore, it wouldn’t just be a piece presenting my ever changing emotions but showing other peoples as well. If the shapes were made of translucent colours it would add another element to the piece because the different coloured shapes would overlap creating new colours which would fit better because there would be multiple colour combinations to convey different moods.