Nathan Pine – Task 11

Throughout this process I would not say that I have really learned anything from the research and communications module besides the appropriation task, this I learned about appropriation and some of the laws behind it, this was valuable information that could become helpful in future endeavours. I also found it useful being informed about artists I had not heard of before and I liked analysing photos such as in Task 3 were I analysed a photo by ‘Nikki S. Lee, Part (14), 2002 [photograph]’ and in Task 9 I spoke about Duncan Grants photo ‘Bathing, 1911’. However this is something I have already done previously before doing a degree, so therefore nothing I don’t already know how to do and is something I simply just enjoy doing, which is why I liked these tasks. I found the studio work and lectures far more beneficial to my practice, such as learning more about the art movements, which made me have a better understanding of the concepts behind an artist and what influenced them and their work.

So overall the blog for me was not that useful to my practice however it did improve my knowledge of artists. Although the lectures, my own research and crits was more than sufficient for me to find artists that related to my artwork and would benefit my practice.