– Task 1 –

Here’s a set of images, which I produced upon first arriving in this so called, new world. I was directly influenced by the tiny little pre/post arrival cards that they gave out, a sort of introduction to our new utopian like world. After months of worry and, well, for some, the road ahead was proposed so elegantly by a Southampton alumni representative that I felt indeed compelled to turn it on it’s head.

I couldn’t help but poke fun at the warm welcoming we’d received, so by taking there words and reiterating there message with a visually sinister spin, I felt this might parallel the fears and worries that students might have felt about coming to university.

At first, this was just a simple drawing, I then took it over to Photoshop and overlay it with this painting I’d produced using brusho and candlewax. By producing this work, it has led me down a path of creativity, cause I’ve decided to produce stickers from these drawings, projections  and possibly animation. I no longer want to stay confined to a sketchbook, by expanding my field of work, it’ll become more accessible and socially inviting.