Exhibition Review- Task 4 and 5

The PACE Museum is situated in Burlington Gardens, London. I attended the exhibition of Transcending Boundaries. Which was organised by Team Lab.

Team Lab (Tokyo, 2001) is a group of artists who bring together art and technology to create a practise. They influence art with technology and the natural world. They are based in Tokyo and therefore all their exhibitions have a great sense that relates to Japanese Art.

There were different areas within this exhibition which included a total of 3 rooms. The first room consisted of a big piece which took up most of the room. It was companied by 3 other smaller pieces of work. The second room consisted of a piece called Black Waves and the final room consisted of an interactive piece.

One piece that really interested me was the very first installation I saw which was; Flowers and People Transcending Boundaries a whole year in an hour

In this piece of art work, A whole year is compacted into a smaller segment. It suggests that flowers and people cannot be controlled. Flowers are born, grow, bloom and die. This installation shows the whole cycle of birth, life and death. If people move more flowers grow and if they touch it the flowers scatter all at once creating something quite spectacular.

This work attracted my attention as it made me feel almost a part of the exhibition which Iā€™ve never really experienced with other exhibitions Iā€™ve visited before. The world seemed a better place whilst there.