Currently browsing category

Topic 4

Reflection ā€“ Topic 4

(ACFE, 2016) This weekā€™s topic gave allot of flexibility on what to discuss. I focussed my blog post on the integrity of employees on social media within the work place. I do think the individual should use their own judgement especially in the modern day where it is all about having a competitive edge. However, I have learnt that there are people who do not act with integrity on social media but thrive, a prime example Kanye West. Continue reading →

Reflection on Topic 4

For this topic, I picked online privacy as theĀ ethical issueĀ to discuss when it comes to businesses using social media for recruiting. I found this topic to be particularly interestingĀ and enjoyed researching into it. Before, I never considered how much it could be an invasion of privacy when it came to recruiters screening your online profiles and how far they should really be allowed to go. Continue reading →

Topic 4 ā€“ Reflection

With a subject more open to individual interpretation, Topic 4 offered a much wider range of different approaches to the post than the previous weeks. Although this led to some interesting reads, ranging from the digital divide to social media in education, it also presented the challenge of being authentic whilst staying within the topical guidelines – something I mentioned I intended to continue from my previous post. Continue reading →

Reflection of Topic 4

This weekā€™s topic is very interesting that made me want to consider more about it. It is a very popular topic in the present because the relationship between parents and kids is a big problem that every family should face it. Trough my research, I found that it is really a difficult choice for parents because the safety of kids is important which we cannot ignore it and we donā€™t have second time to save our kids when they encounter risks. Continue reading →

Reflective Summary: Topic 4 – The Digital Divide & Use of Cookies

In this task, I took the opportunity to learn about a topic of which I had little previous knowledge; the digital divide. This is an issue of technological disparity both nationally and internationally. Furthermore, my reading of other posts, gave me a greater insight into topics of which I already had some previous knowledge. Davina used her own personal experiences to show an example of the digital divide across nations in the image below that I lifted from her blog. Continue reading →

Reflection on Topic 4

I found this weekā€™s topic very interesting to read, as everyone chose different ethical issues and it created a much more diverse range of posts. Having previously, watched the documentary ā€œTerms and Conditions may applyā€, and following on from the topic about digital footprints, online privacy was the issue I wanted to discuss. It is not widely known the extent to which we are being watched, which I can imagine frightens some people. Continue reading →

Reflection on Topic 4

Reflection: Topic 4

I was immediately drawn to this weekā€™s topic due to its broad scope. Many issues raised by business or educational uses of social media were presented to us and it was required of us to decide and discuss which we felt to be most significant. The range of views and opinions from my peers were particularly evident this week just from the differing blog titles. This meant no two blogs discussed the same issue, leading to intriguing perspectives on a variety of topics. Continue reading →

Topic 4 Summary #UOSM2033

Eva Carneiro, former Chelsea club doctor.Ā Photograph: Matt Dunham/AP   My Blog I decided to highlight the issue of discrimination in football. This topic was brought into the public eye over the past week as Eva Carneiro, the female, former Chelsea club doctor claimed to be the victim of sexism and more shockingly, death threats (Guardian, 2016). Being an avid football fan myself, I’m all too familiar with the shocking incidents of racism, homophobia and sexism that do appear. Continue reading →

Reflection: Prison in Mindā€¦

This week’s topic’s given me a very good opportunity to gain more knowledge from different perspectives regarding ethical issues raised by the educational and business use of social media – everyone’s had their go and lots of novel ideas came up. This week, I wrote on my blog about how public shaming via social media emerged as a result of a judgemental society that built up based on panopticon-institutional systems. Continue reading →

Reflection: The law on our side?

I did not feel as engaged with this week’s topic as I had the previous three. I chose to continue exploring the theme of employment, and specifically the legality and morality of Facebook screening employees, prospective or otherwise. Some of my colleagues chose to take an entirely new approach to this topic, and, in hindsight I might have done the same, as I felt I perhaps limited the scope of what I could discuss. Continue reading →

Reflective summary: Topic 4 ā€“ ā€˜Digital divideā€™

I appreciate the way all the topics set by our professors have tied together. Issues that arise with social media is a topic that has been lightly touched upon in my previous blog posts. Therefore, I really enjoyed have the chance to talk in more detail about one of the many issues. I found that there was a wide range of issues talked about between my peers. From identity theft to cyber-bullying to losing integrity and discrimination. Continue reading →

Summary of ethical issues caused by professional social media useā€¦

I enjoyed the freedom of this topic as I feel the task could have been taken in several ways. Upon reading others blogs I wanted to take a different approach to the task and present a very current issue that I thought a lot of other students could easily relate to. However, I do feel that more important issues were raised by other students, as privacy of online professionals in my opinion is not as important as the modern way in which the news is presented (as discussed in Tobieā€™s post). Continue reading →