Introducing Lizzy, our Final Year Module intern!

Lizzy blog pic

Hi All,

My name is Lizzy Oliver and I have just completed the second year of my History degree here at Southampton! I am also one of Mission Employable’s Educational Development Officers, and over the Summer will be working with the team to create new and bespoke content for the brand new Final Year Humanities Employability Module (HUMA3010) – exciting stuff!

Having worked with Mission Employable last year on the OPUS Project (http://opus.soton.ac.uk/), I was aware of the hard work that the team put in to the employability modules, peer mentoring and term time events and was keen to pick up on where the interns from last summer left off with the second year module. This summer I am hoping to gain project management skills and research skills from collating and creating specialist, enticing content for the new module.

I am currently four weeks into my internship, and with another eight to go, I can already see parts of the module coming together. I hope that students will engage with this module in their final year, will take on board the advice, and use the resources to help them prepare for life after graduation.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far, especially talking to different groups of people within the Faculty of Humanities and getting to know the rest of the interns – I’m excited for what the rest of the Summer has in store!

Please get in touch if you would like more information about the new final-year employability module: E.Oliver@soton.ac.uk