Francesca, 2015/16 REALIE Editor, on her last day!

New REALIE Editor Flo [right] and I on my last day!
After fourteen months of working on the REALIE project: redesigning and launching the site; acting as the editor of the blogging platform; and then returning to the office to update the resource, add more content and hand over to the new REALIE editor, Florence Angelo, my time as Education Development Officer for Year Abroad ends today!

During my month working with the Mission Employable team, Florence and I have reorganised the website, created interactive resources and added more content to help students before, after and during their Residency Abroad. We have also developed the Blackboard site and plan for it to go live at the start of the 2016/17 academic year. To ensure students at every level within the Faculty are aware of the REALIE resource, we have been contacting various members of the Faculty and working with Ellen Blacow and Lizzy Oliver to embed the site into the HUMA employability modules. Working together we have come up with new and exciting ideas to increase student engagement and improve the resource!

I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the Mission Employable team – working on the REALIE resource has been an exciting and rewarding experience that has given me so many opportunities and enabled me to develop on both a professional and personal level. With blogger recruitment underway, I look forward to reading this year’s blog posts and keeping up to date with the project as it continues to grow!