Hello from Florence, 2016-17 REALIE Editor!

Me hard at work on my first day
Me hard at work on my first day

Hi! I’m Florence Angelo and I am the 2016/17 REALIE (Residence and Employment Abroad Leading to International Employability: www.realie.org) editor. I am going into my 4th year studying BA French and Philosophy.

About half way through my Year Abroad I decided that I wanted get a summer internship for several reasons. My main motivation was to try and improve my employability. This is what made applying to be a Mission Employable intern so appealing to me, as I can learn about employability as I work! Through this internship I hope to gain confidence working in a professional situation as well as building up my team working skills.

In terms of the REALIE site, I want to make it even more accessible to students as well as giving it my own personal touch! Hopefully by the end of my time with the team I will have helped students to document their transformative Residence Abroad and share how the experience has helped them personally and professionally. I also hope to use my own experience of studying abroad and previous REALIE content as a guide for new student bloggers. I have only been in the office for a few days but I already feel like I’ve made a positive contribution and I have quite a few ideas for the future. Thank you everyone on the Mission Employable team for making me feel so welcome!